Tuesday, February 07, 2006

A random and slowly growing selection of photos from past travels . . .


Some kids in a small village in Nicaragua were fascinated with my digital camera and kept bringing me things to photograph.


Church, Carthage, Tunisia


Guilty pleasure, Sierra Nevada, California, USA


Sinai Peninsula, Egypt


Mpala Research Preserve, Kenya


Steep Ravine Canyon, California, USA


Beach Rocks, Point Reyes, California, USA


Kathmandu, Nepal.


Petra, Jordan. Traveling here just after Sept 11, 2001, I pretty much had these fantastic tombs to myself.


Asmara Plateau, Eritrea. Abandoned tanks are not uncommon in a country with almost more years of war than peace in the last century.


Wat Tham Suea, Thailand. This is the monastery I lived at for a month or so. This craggy mountain top is said to have a footprint of the Buddha, discovered by the founder of the monastery.


On board SV Reflections, Indian Ocean. You can see the reflection of the bow in the water. We were fortunate to have dolphins swimming off our bow every couple of days, sometimes 20 or 30. Ocassionally I could lay on the deck, reach down, and touch them.